Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary - Photo Credit @thedirtpath
We’re quickly approaching that time of year when young offspring emerge from their dens.
Celebrate this season of renewal and spot some adorable babies during these wildlife experiences around Alberta.
- Jasper’s SunDog Tours knows just where to take you on their Winter Wildlife Discovery Tour to view moose, mountain goats, elk, deer, bighorn sheep,wolves and if you’re lucky, their fluffy and cute offspring closer to spring.
- The best time to view animals in their natural environment is at dawn or dusk. Bring out your fancy camera during the Evening Wildlife Safari with Discover Banff Tours.
- Spend time interacting with wolfdogs and learning about wolves in the wild and the role they play in Alberta’s ecosystem at the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary in the foothills near Calgary.
- Can’t make it out of the city? Get a glimpse of local wildlife at the Canadian Wilds exhibit at the Calgary Zoo, including bears, cougars, wolves, bison, bighorn sheep and mountain goats.
- Discovery Wildlife Park in central Alberta cares for over 40 orphaned wildlife species. Visitors can walk with wolves or care for the big cats from May to October.