Rocky Mountain Rejuvenation
• Kananaskis Nordic Spa opened in March 2018 Alberta’s first outdoor, all-season bath and spa experience. Located in the heart of unspoiled nature with views of Mt. Kidd, the wellness site is 50,000 sq ft and includes, salt water float pool (first in Alberta), heated hammocks, meditation labyrinth, outdoor baths, saunas, steam rooms and more. Travelling with kids? Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, an Autograph Collection Hotel hosts kids programming with free camp-style child-minding.
• Evolve Retreat Co has launched several wellness retreat weekends rooted in nature and luxury, hosted by Azuridge in Priddis, Alberta. These retreats include hikes, yoga, massage and nutritional education.
• Explore the forest around Johnson Lake in Banff with Mahikan Trails to discover the secrets of winter medicine from the Cree lineage with an indigenous guide.
• After a long day of winter activities or a much-needed getaway, rejuvenate tired muscles and sooth tense spirits in these alpine retreats. Drawing from the energy of the mountains, Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Banff Springs soothes with it’s pulsating waterfalls and mineral pool creating a quiet sanctuary
• For a truly meditative and healing experience, try a sound bath. Each session allows you to release blockages and helps to open you to your full potential. It is the frequencies of the alchemy crystal bowls that penetrate into every cell of your body, allowing optimal healing and growth to occur. Available at Amaryllis Crystal Garden in Banff.