Creative Cocktails at Raw Bar in Hotel Arts
Just south of the downtown core, along 1st Street SW lies a trove of indy boutiques, not to mention inventive dining (and drinking) options. Must visit spots include:
- The recently opened, Foreign Concept dishes out Pan-Asian cuisine and plays with colonial Vietnamese flavours in a scrumptious, surprising way.
- Ten Foot Henry isn’t a vegetarian restaurant, but its family-style veggie focused dishes bridge that gap between what you want to eat and what you should be eating. Little Henry, its grab and go café, offers fast and healthy daytime options, not to mention a takeout version of Ten Foot Henry’s famed butterscotch pudding.
- A quirky watering hole, Proof pairs hipster artisanal cocktails with good old-fashioned service. A constantly changing menu of original cocktails brings in the spirit of the tried and true with a twist.
- For locally-sourced spirits, tonics and beer, look no further than Vine Arts, a creative wine shop featuring one of the largest selections of bitters and a comprehensive wine collection.
- Hotel Arts is a pet-friendly boutique property that offers complimentary Brooklyn Cruiser city bikes to explore the nearby river pathways. Its outdoor pool sports a Palm Springs vibe in the summer months with a poolside bar and tapas service. Guests staying at the property can visit HotShop, one of the city’s most popular hot yoga studios located in the Hotel Arts complex.
- Enjoy small batch, handcrafted ice cream at community hub Village Ice Cream. With line-ups out the door through the winter and well into the evening, their artisanal specialties are not to be missed.
- Nix it, fix it, zap it at XO Treatment Room, a technology-based medi-spa. Try out their freshening Oxygen infusing facial to reap similar benefits of a day at the hot springs.