Credit: Paul Zizka
It’s easy to be romantic when spring is in the air, but here in Alberta, we heat things up during our cool months with these romantic excursions:
- If the way to the heart is through the stomach, you’ll want to sign up for a cooking class at Canmore’s Paintbox Lodge, followed by a sleepover at this romantic boutique hotel
- Ice hiking offers a great opportunity to stumble into the arms of your sweetie. Strap on ice cleats, and hit the trails at either Grotto Canyon or Johnston Canyon, where an evening experience allows you to peer at the illuminated frozen rock walls.
- Closely admire more than 6,000 works of art at Edmonton’s Art Gallery of Alberta. Keep the good times rolling with a romantic dinner à deux at nearby Woodwork or the Alberta Hotel Bar + Kitchen.
- Enjoy après ski cuisine at Lake Louise Ski Resort before swooshing down the slopes at dusk under the canopy of lit torches. Tuck into a hearty smorgasbord to conclude your Torchlight Dinner experience.
- Treat your love like royalty and whisk them into Edmonton’s fairytale Ice Castle at Hawrelak Park.
- Meander your way through the acre-sized frozen labyrinth, before revving your adrenaline down the ice slide.
- Gaze up at the constellations (and into your sweetheart’s eyes) during stargazing snowshoe expeditions with Kananaskis Outfitters. Alfresco adventures are capped off with a decadent chocolate fondue in charming Kananaskis Village.
- Love lifts you up, but so does the recently revamped Banff Gondola. Feast on views of six mountain ranges, in addition to Rocky Mountain cuisine at Sky Bistro, perched at over 2,200 meters (7217 feet) above sea level.