Lum-Bear-Jack Event at Jasper Pride Festival
You know how pride festivals work in big cities but Jasper Pride
takes it beyond the predictable parade and party, and throws one of North America’s most unique LGBTQ celebrations. Here’s what to expect March 9 to 12, 2017:
- Instead of being held in an urban jungle, participants (everyone welcome) mingle under the snow-capped peaks of Jasper National Park.
- During this low-key inclusive event, participants dive mitt first into active sessions such as ice climbing, skiing, ice canyon walks and fat biking. (Fret not, the experience is just as much about après as it is about activities!)
- Family-friendly workshops include crafting Muppet-like monsters. Fortunately, no sewing experience is required.
- Learn the finer art of s’more roasting along the shores of Lac Beauvert during Family Pride at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
- Mountain mavens (of both sexes) show off their sexy lumberjack style during the Lum-Bear-Jack Party, presented in partnership with the Fellowship of Alberta Bears.