When it opens on Oct. 31, you’re going to want to get to the new International Terminal at Calgary International Airport
(YYC) well ahead of your departure to ensure you have time to explore.
- The Calgary International Airport is the third largest airport in Canada with 15.5 million passengers passing through each year.
- Equivalent to 34 NFL football fields, initiatives in the new green building will reduce its emissions of approximately 26,000 tonnes of CO2 each year, by cutting consumption of fuel and using alternate sources of heat and power.
- The newest runway is the longest in Canada.
- The big draw to the International Terminal is Vin Room, an independent Calgary wine bar that will offer 80 wines by the glass, the largest selection at an airport restaurant in the world.
- Local hot spots Spolumbo’s, an Italian deli, and Lammle’s Western Wear & Tack join 50 other shopping and dining locations inside the new terminal.
- Wolfgang Puck will open its first restaurant location in Calgary (second in Canada) inside the International Terminal.
- Newly opened Calgary Airport Marriott offers direct guest access from the International Terminal.