Telus World of Science - Edmonton Celebrates 30 Years with $4 pricing on Canada Day
by Telus World of Science - Edmonton
As part of its 30th Anniversary, TELUS World of Science – Edmonton
is celebrating with vintage $4 ticket pricing on July 1, 2014, for both General Admission tickets and IMAX Theatre tickets.
“Offering 1984 pricing on Canada Day is a great way for us to show our appreciation for the community which has supported us for 30 years,” says Alan Nursall, President & CEO. “Canada Day is always an exciting time at the science centre, and offering the throwback pricing will create many lasting memories for families as they celebrate Canada and the 30th anniversary of Edmonton’s science centre.”
General Admission tickets include access to two feature exhibitions - K’NEX Thrill Rides and Wildlife Rescue – along with other science galleries, live Science Demonstrations and full-dome shows in the Margaret Zeidler Star Theatre, including:
- 10:30 a.m. The Search for Life: Are We Alone?
- 11:00 a.m. One World, One Sky: Big Bird’s Adventure + Live Sky Show (Sky Tonight)
- 12:00 p.m. Experience the Aurora
- 1:00 p.m. Dawn of the Space Age
- 2:00 p.m. Two Small Pieces of Glass: The Amazing Telescope + Live Sky Show (Sky Tonight)
- 3:00 p.m. Infinity Express
- 3:30 p.m. The Search for Life: Are We Alone?
- 4:00 p.m. The Digital Universe: A Personal Tour of our Known Universe
- 5:00 p.m. Dawn of the Space Age
- 6:00 p.m. Experience the Aurora
For the IMAX Theatre, TWOSE has selected numerous films from the archives, giving guests a broad selection and a chance to see films not often shown. The IMAX Theatre schedule for July 1, 2014 is:
- 10:00 a.m. Bugs 3D
- 11:00 a.m. Hubble 3D
- 12:00 p.m. Rocky Mountain Express
- 1:10 p.m. To The Arctic 3D
- 2:15 p.m. Rocky Mountain Express
- 3:25pm: Flight of the Butterflies 3D
- 4:35pm: Meerkats 3D
- 5:45pm: Born to Be Wild 3D
- 6:55pm: Under The Sea 3D
The $4 ticket pricing is only for General Admission tickets or IMAX Theatre tickets purchased and used on July 1, 2014, and for all ages. No other discounts apply and all prices are + GST. Exhibit galleries are open on July 1, 2014 from 10:00am to 8:00pm. Tickets for IMAX films are limited in quantity and on a first come, first served basis. No rain checks will be provided. See the website at telusworldofscienceedmonton.ca for additional showtimes and events.
Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
About TELUS World of Science – Edmonton
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton is a world-class, broad-based science centre that inspires and motivates people to learn about and contribute to science and technology. TELUS World of Science - Edmonton is a leader in providing high quality, interactive programs and exhibits that provide an avenue for both learning and entertainment, and which spark the imagination of people of all ages. The Edmonton Space & Science Foundation is a non-profit organization that operates TELUS World of Science - Edmonton.