Winter Glamping Tents at Mountain Engadine Lodge
• New this fall, Mount Engadine Lodge has launched their fully winterized and comfortably furnished glamping tents complete with beauty views, hardwood floors, king beds with cozy bedding and a gas fireplace. Known for their scrumptious and fresh creations, your stay includes an all-inclusive dining program, perfect after a day exploring in the backcountry.
launches Millennial-friendly accommodations in Canmore
• Minutes outside of Banff National Park, three resorts opened this summer in Canmore: Basecamp Resort, Lamphouse and The Lodge. This resort group is embracing the millennial traveller by offering condo style accommodations but in hotel format - digital concierge, utilizing local brands in the hotel, fresh pastries delivered each morning etc. Basecamp is saying goodbye to traditional mountain chic design and incorporating a contemporary look that’s appealing to a younger generation of traveller.
Alt Hotel Calgary East Village
(by Le Germain)
• Opening this fall, this property is carefully crafted to combine eco-friendly comfort within sleek urban spaces. Located in the heart of the dynamic East Village, rooms are available at the same affordable rate, every day, all year round. Alt Hotel Calgary will present stunning views of the Bow River, downtown Calgary as well as the many activities that will take place in the area.
JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District
• Expected to open in late 2018, and located in the heart of Canada’s largest mixed-use sports and entertainment district, the JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District is one of the most significant hotel developments in Edmonton in more than three decades. The hotel will feature 356 rooms, meeting space, a Spa by JW, and a restaurant operated by one of Canada’s premier restauranteurs.
The Mount Royal Hotel
reopens in Banff
• The Mount Royal Hotel, located in the heart of Banff, reopened its doors in July following a fire in December 2016. The hotel is restored to its former beauty, seamlessly blending its storied heritage with modern amenities and design, including a muchanticipated rooftop lounge and outdoor hot tubs.
The Malcom Hotel by Clique in Canmore
• Opening this fall, The Malcolm is the first traditional hotel built in Canmore in 20 years. Situated between two natural-flowing creeks, it features four-star service and hospitality, 125 wellappointed rooms and suites, luxury amenities and a 6,600 sq. ft. of event space including the conference centre. Amenities in the $43 million hotel include an elegant outdoor pool with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains from the second-floor openair mezzanine and fitness centre.