Canmore Cave Tours Kicks Off Fall/Winter unEarthed Line-Up: Events Inside Rat’s Nest Cave
Craving a seriously unforgettable experience in the mountains this fall/winter? Look no further than unEarthed –
an unique and intimate underground event series from Canmore Cave Tours.
Held deep in the heart of Rat’s Nest Cave – a wild, natural cave inside Grotto Mountain – unEarthed
features other-worldly music shows, Halloween horror screenings, magical holiday choirs, and more.
Adam Walker, Owner & Senior Guide, says over 25 years of operations Canmore Cave Tours has discovered their adventures offer more to visitors than just the physical act of moving through the cave.
“For many people, climbing, crawling, sliding, squeezing and rappelling past ancient pictographs, bones and cave formations can be a life-changing moment,” Adam says.
“unEarthed is our way of showing the world that the cave is not just a place for adventure-seekers. It can be a classroom, an art studio, a place for quiet reflection or an awe-inspiring music venue. It can be almost anything you imagine it to be.”
Fall/winter line-up is below.
Tickets and more details here: canmorecavetours.com/experiences/unearthed
unEarthed | Music
: Journeying 10 stories underground, discover the Grand Gallery, a cathedral-sized, completely natural space, decorated with beautifully delicate cave formations. With its secluded atmosphere and amazing acoustics, it’s the most unique, goosebump-inducing music venues imaginable.
unEarthed | Conversations:
- November 18, 2017: The Raven & The Fox – Julie Chang & Sean Isaac: Discover smooth, sultry vocals, moody acoustic riffs, eargasmic mountain melodies and passion-soaked lyrics.
- December 15-18, 2017: Spirit in the Mountain: In its third year, magical performances transform the cave to celebrate the holiday season, featuring a different vocal group each night.
Uncover fascinating stories of our world’s natural and human history through interactive presentations by experts in a variety of fields. In partnership with Canmore Museum & Geoscience Centre, enjoy an all-ages in-cave presentation, or take a tour to explore the cave in-depth.
unEarthed | Theatrics:
- November 25, 2017: Christian Stenner – ABCCR: Christian Stenner is an active caver and explorer. Not only is he a director with the Alberta and British Columbia Cave Rescue, he is involved in many citizen science projects including surveying glacier caves in the summit caldera of Mt. Rainier. Christian will share his stories of exploration and discovery.
- 12pm - A tour of Rat’s Nest Cave with Christian ($85/person)
- 7pm - Free presentation at the Canmore Museum and Geoscience Centre
Few places set the imagination free more than the underground. Challenge your perceptions, tickle your fears and see the cave in a whole new light.
unEarthed | Solitude:
- Halloween Horror in the Cave: Back by popular demand! Thrill-seekers head underground to watch classic cave-themed horror movie The Descent in the depths of Rat's Nest Cave for the ultimate Halloween experience. Check out the spooky teaser video!
- October 27, 2017: NEW DATE ADDED
- October 28, 2017: SOLD OUT
Ultimate opportunity to craft the perfect cave experience, with a guide and the cave entirely to yourself. Try out cave photography, propose to a special someone, enjoy a private tour, or sit and enjoy total darkness and quiet. Limited only by your imagination, contact us for a custom booking.
Please contact Bonnie Harrison, Paper Road Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
or (587) 435 1432.