by Canadian Rockies Golf
Canadian Rockies Golf
– the esteemed collection of mountain courses in Western Alberta – celebrates the 90th
anniversary of The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course
One of legendary Canadian golf architect Stanley Thompson’s landmark designs, the course was carved into the iconic scenery in 1925 by 200 men and 50 teams of horses. Fully restored in 1994, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course is recognized as a top resort course by Golf Digest
, Conde Nast Traveller
and numerous other publications.
“Stanley’s remarkable vision and attention to detail is why the course has stood the test of time for nearly a century,” says Gregg Lown, Director of Golf at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. “The fact that the course offers mountain views at nearly every hole, and remains playable and enjoyable is a testament to his genius.”
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge celebrates its 100th
anniversary this year, and is rewarding guests with specials that include: The Centennial Package, featuring a $100 resort credit, Golf For Free Package, Golf & Spa Package and Luxury Golf Package.
For more information, visit http://www.canadianrockiesgolf.ca/fairmont-jasper-park-lodge-golf-course
Alberta Courses Instill ‘Green’ Initiatives
Environmentally conscious maintenance practices are vital to Canadian Rockies Golf co-op courses. This year many have launched “green” programs, including:
Exchange Rate Equals Huge Savings for U.S. Travelers
- The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course: Located within the world-renowned national park, the course conserves native habitat with pest management, chemical reduction, water quality and wildlife education campaigns recognized by Audubon International.
- Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club: A former nutrient-stripped coal mining site has been restored to its natural state over the past 30 years using responsible techniques. Superintendent Sean Kjemus is a Golf Digest “Environmental Leader” award-recipient, in part for transforming Stewart Creek’s 2,000 acres into a certified wildlife sanctuary.
- Silvertip Resort: Another industry leader recognized by Audubon International for sanctuary and environmental planning, the course has been re-certified every year since opening in 2008 for organizing and implementing a detailed plan for managing the surrounding wildlife habitat.
- Canmore Golf & Curling Club: The club unveiled a vermicomposting pilot program, converting about 100 pounds of grass clippings and other organic materials each day into reusable composts and fertilizers.
Thanks to one of the most favorable exchange rates in years, U.S. travelers are enjoying significant savings on packages like the “Canadian Rockies Winner’s Circle
,” which starts at $1,259 per person (including taxes) and features:
- Four rounds of golf, with cart and practice range access, at a choice of The Fairmont Banff Springs, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club, Silvertip Resort or Canmore Golf & Curling Club.
- Six nights’ lodging at Blackstone Mountain Lodge, Chateau Jasper, Stoneridge Mountain Resort, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge or The Fairmont Banff Springs
- Three-day Canadian National Park vehicle pass
- Personal meet-and-greet service at Calgary International Airport
Other popular stay-and-plays include the new “Playin’ & Savin’ in the Canadian Rockies” and “Pins & Fins” packages.
For more information, visit www.canadianrockiesgolf.ca
or call 1.855.835.8484.
About Canadian Rockies Golf
Canadian Rockies Golf represents a collection of six award-winning golf properties located in the stunning landscape of the Western Alberta province: Canmore Golf & Curling Club, The Fairmont Banff Springs, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Kananaskis Country Golf Courses, Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club and Silvertip Resort. Known for dramatic, historic and untamed layouts, each course provides a unique mountain-golf experience where wildlife is regularly seen and unforgettable views are found. This is golf that inspires.
For more information call 1.855.835.8484, visit www.canadianrockiesgolf.ca
or "Like" the Canadian Rockies Golf Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/canadianrockiesgolf