by Ice on Whyte
Join Ice on Whyte
at End of Steel Park in Old Strathcona for 10 days of outdoor art, music, food and fun! From January 23 to February 1, enjoy a variety of exciting outdoor activities and events. The chainsaws and chisels fire up on January 23 for the ATCO Gas International Ice Carving Competition
. The artists are coming from Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Malaysia, BC and Alberta to create their best awe inspiring works of art. The competition ends at noon on Sunday January 25 and awards are presented at 4 pm on the ATCO Stage.
The fun continues as:
- Chainsaw Wally gets rescued from those rascally Sand on Whyte Pirates at 2 pm on January 23
- Children run and play in the interactive Agrium Kids’ Zone
- Screams of delight echo from the Giant Ice Slide
- Skaters glide around and show off their best moves on the ENMAX Outdoor Rink
- Kids get to stay up till 8 pm for Frozen movie night on Jan 26
- Visitors sip on a delicious hot beverages in the YESS Café
- Music lovers groove to the live music on the Northlands Stage
- Tasty bowls of stew are eaten at the 1st Annual Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market Stew Off on Jan 30
- The Rusty Anchor Grog Stop serves up grog and our signature Hornswaggle Hot Chocolate
- Kids get their Pirate On both Saturdays
- Lovers snuggle up for a Movie on Date Night on Jan 29
- Talent takes to the stage for Frozen Friday Karaoke on Jan 30 (Bohemian Rhapsody alert)
- You try to do everything there is to do at the Ice on Whyte Festival!
Remember...if you don’t want to wait in line, get your tickets at iceonwhyte.ca
and zip through the Boardwalk VIP Entrance.
For more information please contact:
Wanda Bornn, Festival Producer