Got a proposal for creating content about tourism experiences in Alberta? Before sending us your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
please make sure that it includes all
of the following information.
Travel Alberta’s role is to promote tourism experiences in the province of Alberta with compelling invitations to visit the province. Please explain your thinking behind how your proposal will help Travel Alberta in meeting this goal. What’s the angle? How does the story you hope to tell match up with that objective?
WHO ARE YOU & WHAT IS YOUR FIELD OF EXPERTISE?
Whether you’re an individual, a group, an outlet, or a management company, please let us know a bit about yourself, your history and what your subject area of expertise is. If possible please explain what specifically makes you an expert in your field.
DISTRIBUTION & AUDIENCE BREAKDOWN
Provide us with a specific list of all of the channels where the content you propose to produce will appear (these could include personal websites/blogs, 3rd
party websites/blogs, social media channels, or traditional media channels) and the verified audiences for each including a geographic breakdown (for owned websites, if possible please include your web/social analytics). Please also provide examples of how you engage your community.
OUTLINE OF THE PROJECT
Please be sure to include names and roles of all proposed participants, proposed dates/timelines, deliverables, plans for long-tail usage/redistribution of content and content usage permissions.
BUDGET / FACILITATION RESOURCES
Provide a detailed breakdown of the proposed financial outlay for the project. If you require Travel Alberta’s assistance to facilitate itineraries, permits, special access to locations or individuals, please include that as well.
Explain how will you track and report the results and performance of the content on the various distribution channels back to Travel Alberta.
While you’re putting together your proposal, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
IMPORTANT DELIVERABLES FOR TRAVEL ALBERTA
- If you are a digital content provider, timeliness is an important aspect to consider. If you are not producing same-day coverage, distribution should happen within a short timeframe of the content being created.
- Relevant social posts should tag Travel Alberta.
- For blog posts or online articles, the inclusion of website links to www.travelalberta.com or tourism partners’ websites is requested.
- Providing a selection of images (and captions) or video for Travel Alberta to share on our online platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, websites, etc.) is a valuable bonus.
- The content produced should accurately and authentically reflect the experiences and be told in the voice/style of the content producers.
- It is appreciated when content producers engage with their audiences in the lead up to, during, and after the content is created.
- Additional opportunities for distributing the content that arise after content has been produced may be negotiated separately.